Anarchism: 2017: Margaret Killjoy: The Lamb Will Slaughter the Lion, TOR
- Excellent and short novel about a drifter who visits a town in Idaho in search of answers about her best friend’s death.
- Members of the town had previously summoned a demon, a red three antlered deer, that violently kills anyone who seeks power over others, thereby maintaining the anarchist order.
Antifa: 2017: Mark Bray: Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, Melville House
- An excellent overview of 20th century anti-fascism and current/recent events in North America and Europe
- Also provides a set of arguments in favour of contemporary Antifa contingents, and of their tactics.
Black Metal: Book: 2014: Scott Wilson (ed): Melancology: Black Metal Theory and Ecology, Zero Books
Black Metal: 2016: Jorn “Necrobutcher” Stubberud: The Death Archives: Mayhem 1984-94, Ecstatic Peace Library
- Excellent memoir of the earlier years of the Black Metal band Mayhem. From their inception to the time of Euronymous’ murder.
- The book is primarily photographs accompanied by text of stories related to those photos.
- Stubberud’s memoirs of Mayhem’s late singer, Dead, are the book’s most interesting parts. Dead is responsible for much of the look and ideas of Black Metal. Stubberud credits Dead with having written most of the lyrics for their classic album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, and describes Dead as making connections with death that exceed the theatrical.
Che Guevara: Book: 2017: Juan Martin Guevara: Che, My Brother, Polity Press
Chicano Movement: Pamphlet: 1975: Revolutionary Communist Party USA: The Chicano Struggle and the Struggle for Socialism, Revolutionary Union
Environmentalism: Pamphlet: 2017: Junexit: Another End of the World is Possible
Hip-Hop: Book: 2017: Chuck D: This Day in Rap and Hip-Hop History, Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers
Irish Republican Army: Film: 2016: Brendan Byrne: Bobby Sands: 66 Days,
John Coltrane: Film: 2016: John Scheinfeld: Chasing Trane, Meteor 17
Martin Luther King Jr: Books: 1963: Martin Luther King Jr: A Gift of Love: Sermons from Strength to Love and Other Preachings, Beacon Press
Martin Luther King Jr: Pamphlet: 1984: David W Pitre: To Martin Luther King with Love: A Southern Quaker’s Tribute, Pendle Hill Publications
Metal: Film: 2015: Sean Byrne: The Devil’s Candy, Snoot Entertainment
Prisoner Uprising: Pamphlet: 2017: Rustbelt Abolition Research Collective: Containing the Crisis: A History of Mass Incarceration and Rebellion in the Rustbelt, MAPS
Punk: Book: 2016: John Doe with Tom DeSavia and Friends: Under the Big Black Sun: A Personal History of LA Punk, Da Capo Press
Punk: Websites: 2017.10.15: Hardcore Show Flyers, http://hardcoreshowflyers.net/
Spontaneous Uprisings: Book: 2017: Paul Routledge: Space Invaders: Radical Geographies of Protest, Pluto Press
Student Uprisings: Book: 2017: Roderick A Ferguson: We Demand: The University and Student Protests, University of California Press
Underground Railroad: Book: 2017: Jane Simon Ammeson: Hauntings of the Underground Railroad: Ghosts of the Midwest, Indiana University Press
Vagabondia: Book: 1959: Herman Hesse: Narziss and Goldmund, Penguin
Westboro Baptist Church: Book: 2017: Libby Phelps: Girl on a Wire: Walking the Line Between Faith and Freedom in the Westboro Baptist Church, Skyhorse Publishing